HOW TO APPLY TO THE SSI MASTER?
- Click here to forward you to the application site
- Create a user profile for yourself and log in to the admission site
- Select the “Taught PG, UK” application type
- Fill out your personal data
- From your application checklist click on “Planned Programme of Study”
- Select “Smart System Integration, MSc”
- After that complete your application checklist regarding the instructions provided on the webpage
Criteria of Admission
- Excellence of the candidate: outstanding achievement in the applicant’s first degree which should be in either electrical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, physics, materials science, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering or a closely related discipline. The candidate will have to justify an equivalent of B in the European standard (corresponding to a minimum of 2.1 honours in the United Kingdom).
- Language ability: teaching being given in English, the candidates must demonstrate sound knowledge of the language. The requirement for competence in English is equivalent to IELTS at grade 6.5 overall and 5.5. in each skill, or a Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English at least grade B.
- Student motivation to undertake the Masters and relevance to his or her professional development.
- Gender balance: for applicants having similar qualifications, the minority gender will be preferred.
Please note carefully that partner country applicants must have completed their degree by the deadline for applications, 15 January 2018 or their application will be rejected.
The deadline for programme country applicants is the 26 January 2018 . The reason for the difference in deadlines is that the two categories must be handled on separate lists and the procedure is slightly different for submission to Brussels, allowing this latter deadline.
Teaching being given in English, the candidates must demonstrate sound knowledge of the language. Please provide your results from a Secured English Language Test (SELT) recognised by the UKVI or a letter from your undergraduate institution confirming undergraduate study in English. The English requirements are IELTS 6.5 with no component lower than 5.5 or TOFEL ibt (90 – 99) or CEFR B2 (Band C). For self-funded candidates, a pre-sessional English programme (6 weeks) is available (minimum entry requirement: IELTS 5.5 with minimum 5.5 in reading & writing and minimum 5.0 in listening & speaking), more details can be found here.
Requested documents for admission
- Letter of application outlining the student’s rationale and motivation for applying to the programme, this can be included on your application.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of the university Bachelors degree or equivalent, with an English translation if original degree is not in English.
- Certified copy of complete transcript , with an English translation if original is not in English.
- Proof of level of competency in English. Please provide your results from a Secured English LanuageTest (SELT) recognised by the UKVI or a letter from your undergraduate institution confirming undergraduate study in English, but it can only be accepted as evidence of English if the undergraduate degree was obtained within 2 years of the day of the online application.
- Two letters of reference or recommendation, preferably from academic staff at the University that awarded the first degree. References should be submitted to us on headed paper, or sent to us at email@example.com directly from your referees authorised university or work email account.
- Administrative papers: a copy of a valid passport.